Faerie Court

Now, after a long long time without posting, I thought I'd start uploading all the stuff I designed and made for our movie "A Midsummernight's Dream".
I'm starting with Titania, the fairy queen's, court, for which I chose soft pinks and purples and floral patterns.
In our version, Titania represents the side of nature that creates, opposed to her husband Oberon, who represents the destructive side of nature.
Titania wants to keep up the image of a greek goddess, which actually fits her quite well: beautiful and gentle on the outside, but also incredibly dangerous. So that's the kind of style, that underlies the designs of Titania and her retinue.

Let's start with Titania's gown.
It's made out of two different kinds of taffetta, with gold cord for the embroidery.
It's based on a pattern from burdastyle-magazine.
I have so many beautiful pictures of this one, I couldn't decide which ones to use (click on the pictures to see them larger)
img 1
img 1
First, two shots of the complete dress, where you can see the basic cut, with the layers and the gathered top.

img 1
img 1
And here, in this last one, you can see the detail at the front.


Next, we have two of the dresses of the "elfs in waiting".
For these two I actually have no idea what the fabrics are, I just picked them up one day because the colours fit and they weren't expensive. The flowers, butterfly and vines I nicked from my mum's stash of decorations.
img 1
img 1
This one's actually not a dress but consists of a layered skirt and a top, that's laced in the back. Oh and I just love the little butterfly on the shoulder!


img 1
img 1
In this one, the greek influence is visible in the toga-like organza draped over one shoulder.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of the flower detail on the shoulder, you'll just have to trust me on the fact it's pretty ;-)


img 1
And here's another picture, this time of Titania and one of her elfs together.


Now, at the end, I'd really like to thank my two "models". They look so pretty, don't they? :-)

Comments

Popular Posts