My favourite waistcoat pattern

I think waistcoats are a wonderful item of clothing and some time ago I found my favourite pattern for them:

This pattern is out of burdastyle magazine 02/2008 and I have since made it four times, but always without the ruffles, I don't know, I just don't like them.
The first one was this one, which I made for myself:

An exact replica (just another size and a little longer to pass as a men's waistcoat) of the grey waistcoat was made for the theatre production of "The Real Inspector Hound" of which I was a part this year.
These two were made out of a silvergrey jacquard.

Another one I made is an elongated version of this pattern for Puck's costume, which you can find in this post.

And somewhere in between I made another version as a gift to my friend Kathy, can't remember when exactly, but I just took the pictures of it a few days ago.
It's made out of simple black, but quite heavy and stiff cotton. I chose the material because it gives the waistcoat a wonderful shape.

One can see it a little in this picture already, I embroidered the lapels. I think hand embroidery is always a beautiful method to enhance a piece of clothing.

I'm actually a little jealous of this one, I think it turned out really pretty.

img 1

Yeah, I really love this pattern. I'm guessing I'll be making a few more waistcoats with it in the future :)

Comments

  1. I like your waistcoats.
    And I made a waistcoat after this pattern.
    I love it !!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this was posted a while ago, but where can i find this pattern?? Your examples are inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi!
    Sorry I didn't reply any sooner. The pattern is out of burda magazine 02/2008 (the German edition, but I think they're pretty much the same everywhere patternwise). If you contact your local burda publishing house, they might be able to send you even such an old issue from their archive, that's what I did for this particular issue in fact.
    I'm glad you like my waistcoats!
    All the best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Sorry I didn't reply any sooner. The pattern is out of burda magazine 02/2008 (the German edition, but I think they're pretty much the same everywhere patternwise). If you contact your local burda publishing house, they might be able to send you even such an old issue from their archive, that's what I did for this particular issue in fact.
    I'm glad you like my waistcoats!
    All the best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts