Baroque-ish stuff

So I have been working on the stupidstupidstupid frustrating bias tape binding of my rococo corset for quite a while now... and now it's finally done! And I love it! Yay!
But first, here are some pictures of what I've been doing at work:

We've had a comission for an event, where they wanted the waiters and waitresses to wear Baroque inspired costumes. We already had enough costumes for the guys, but we had to specifically make the women's costumes.

I was lucky enough to be allowed to make those from start to finish, meaning I made the pattern and then sewed and decorated all five dresses.
I have to admit that the colours wouldn't exactly have been my first choice, but oh well, we already had the fabrics and they had to be used at some point.

I'm a little bit sick of pink right now, I tell you... which isn't really a good thing, because my rococo dress will be pink as well :-D But a nicer pink, if you ask me.

This is the fabric I have purchased. It's not quite the same colour as in real life... In my opinion it's rasperry ice cream coloured, actually :-D

And now, drumroll please... I present: THE CORSET

It feels almost... unseemly to post this picture. I mean... look at the sheer amount of cleavage! No, actually don't look, it's obvious enough.
But still, isn't it a beauty? :-) I'll take some detail pictures soon, because it's really just gorgeous.
I'm wearing it here with my victorian chemise, as I haven't made the new one yet. That's next on my list.

I was actually surprised that I can pretty much close the corset all the way. It's a whole size smaller than what I usually wear.
Now I just need to figure out how to properly lace it. It worked quite well, but it still overlaps a little at the top, which bothers me. I guess, I just need a bit of practice, it's already an improvement on my first try anyway. Or I'll just have to get myself a maid.

Comments

  1. Wow, that looks amazing, is that fully boned o.o!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Ava C350 yep, it is fully boned. Was a total pain while I was making it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts