Ouch.

So, the rococo corset is coming along quite well. Progress wise.
Not necessarily motivation wise, though.
Don't get me wrong, I'm totally excited about this project, but as of yesterday evening/night I was a little (read: lot) annoyed with it.
I cut out all three layers of fabric for it and the interfacing (cutting the fabric is never my favourite part, so that's already a great start). And then I had to cut the steel boning.
After measuring all the lenghts I needed on the pattern I was a little shocked to find out that I would need 82 bones (eighty-two. E-i-g-h-t-y-t-w-o.) but still I merrily set to work. Whistle while you work and all (I was in fact wearing my Snow-white dress, so excuse the reference).
I'm lucky that I at least had the proper tool to do it (my Mum is a jeweller and has those sorts of things... very handy indeed) but still, after 1 1/2 hours of work my hands looked like this

The spots I circled are blisters, even though you can't properly see them in the picture. Ouch, I tell you.

But lets roll up this rant, after a few hours of delicious sleep and being able to sleep in today (it's a holiday today here in Germany) I'm mostly over my anger towards the steel bones.

That's the pattern pieces and the blasted bones in all their glory.
I'm looking forward to the point when the bones finally vanish into their fabric-y prisons and I never have to see them again.
Rant over.

Comments

Popular Posts