Saturday, December 31, 2011

I am a horder

One last post in this year and it's inspired by my recent end-of-the-year-resorting-of-the-fabric-stash. And believe me, said fabric stash is GINORMOUS. I should not buy anymore fabric ever - but that won't work. I'm an addict and I don't think there's rehab for this kind of addiction yet. So, here we go, most of my fabrics in no particular order:

Woolen stuff (the one on the far right is actually light blue)

Tafetta and lining fabrics

Black and white patterned fabrics

Cotton sateen

Plaids. The one in the middle is actually an authentic Scottish tartan meant to become a kilt.

Jacquard

Jerseys

more jerseys

mixed stuff

sheer fabrics

fancyfancy fabrics I picked up for a bargain that are all supposed to be dresses when they grow up

random patterns

bright green velvet (got that for Christmas! My aunt rocks), black velvet and the softest, fluffiest fake fur I've ever met

these two I got at a fair and they are supposedly real vintage. The left one will hopefully become a 40s dress and the right one another 50s dress

And that's about it. I haven't shared with you the awesome silk my Mum's boyfriend brought me from China and the big bag of scraps that I use for my patchwork scarves.
I think I have a problem.
Anyone want to adopt a piece of fabric? I'm not willing to part with all of them, but maybe some of them if you ask nicely... ;)

Have a very Happy New Year!

P.S.: I want to remind you again that if you want an answer to a comment, the best thing to do would be to click the "Subscribe by email" option :)

2 comments:

  1. OMG!!! I know I'm a couple of months late but are you still willing to part with some of your stash? I'll absolutely love to get my hands on some of your black and white patterned fabric...specifically the the one on the far right. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed :D. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Sure I'm still willing to part with it, it's still clogging up my room ;) The one you're talking about is actually one of my very oldest fabrics, so it's unlikely anything will be made out of it ;)

    ReplyDelete