I am a nerd and should get myself to England

... that's what the guy who taught us in the screen printing class we did for fashion school said to me. And he's kind of right because all the designs I brought with me were both kind of nerdy and England-related. Oh well.
Screen printing is SO much fun and now that we had the class, we can use the rooms on our own. All my friends and family will be getting printed stuff for every birthday from now on ;)
Also, I might make some things for my etsy store (which I have had set up ages ago, but haven't used yet). I'll let you know when that happens :)

Here's the shirts I made (I printed some bags as well, but with the same designs):


Tolkien! Didn't design this myself, obviously. It's the Tolkien monogram. I'm not a tattoo person, but the monogram is the only thing I could ever imagine getting as a tattoo. Tells you a lot about my love for Tolkien ;) For now I have it on a shirt. The book I'm holding is the Silmarillion.


My dear Oscar. "The Picture of Dorian Gray" is one of the most brilliant books ever written (in my opinion) and also, Oscar Wilde was just a genius. How can you not love a man who has said and written so many, many beautiful things? It seems like every word out of his mouth was quote-worthy.
I did the design in Photoshop, the quote I used is "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." and the book I'm holding is "The Picture of Dorian Gray" (seriously, read it, if you haven't).


And good old Shakespeare, also a genius. I don't care who he actually was (and I find the discussion kind of ridiculous), the plays are wonderful either way. That's also the idea behind the design: Shakespeare has an "anonymous" black bar across his eyes, on which it says "The Bard".
I'm holding the complete works.


I'm having a Doctor's companion moment here. A girl can dream, right?
I think I mentioned before that I love Doctor Who...


... so now I have I shirt with the TARDIS on it! The writing underneath says "Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey". Also, the return of the Sonic Screwdriver ;)

I can't wait to get back to do some more screen printing! Have to work out what designs I want first, though. Any requests? ;)

In other news: new haircut! You like?

Comments

  1. Cute haircut. Love the t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit late getting here, but I have to say, you are officially my new favorite person. Don't tell my boyfriend... lol
    I can't believe I've only just now come across your blog! I too love sewing and anything geek/nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I'm somebody's favourite person! That's nice ;)
    I'm sure if you indeed love sewing and geekery and nerdy things, you'll be pretty high up in my list of people I like, too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to mention the fact we both have really great names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's right! So, what kind of things do you sew? What's your "area of nerdiness"? ;) Have you got a blog as well or something? Or should we just continue this conversation is this comment tree? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts